Interior Design Associate – full time
We are organized in teams of two or three people and we are looking for candidates who are interested in working on all interior phases of a project from architectural design development through furnishing and move-in.
What You Have:
- Bachelor’s degree from a 4-year accredited interior design program
- 3-5 years of experience with residential design
- Passion for creative design solutions and problem-solving, a strong work ethic, a sense of professionalism and a desire to constantly learn and grow
- Well-developed visualization skills and ability to convey intent of ideas quickly and easily, both verbally and visually
- Outstanding listening skills
- Proficiency in Revit, AutoCAD, SketchUp, Podium, and Adobe Creative Suite
What You’ll Do:
- Participate in all phases of a project in a team setting, typically alongside an architectural team
- Develop concepts of architectural and FF&E ideas that work in the space and meet intended design goals. Articulate why concepts work to your client and your team using sound, logical reasoning.
- Manage an interior design team including junior designers and interns
- Produce concept boards of images and architectural drawings for feedback and approval from design team and clients
- Select in budget materials and finishes that support concepts
- Actively work on mid-level tasks and deliverables for multiple projects simultaneously, including tracking of time allotments, schedules, and delegations, preparing for team meetings, recording thorough meeting and communication notes, performing redline mark-ups and pick-ups
- Assist in selection and procurement of furnishings
- Research of new materials, products, and technologies, including high performance and sustainable products
- 3-D computer modeling
- Communicate directly with clients, contractors, and architects
What You’ll Get:
- Competitive salary
- Paid vacation, sick/personal leave, and 8 paid holidays
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance including HSA and FSA
- Ownership interest in the company through the ESOP plan
- Partial reimbursement for continuing education and licensing expenses
- Awesome coworkers!
What You’ll Bring:
- Cover Letter
Application materials may be submitted to [email protected]
Stuart Silk Architects encourages and supports each employee’s goals and professional development. We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.